The WP ‘Find Your Nearest’ Premium plugin adds the following functionality to the popular WP Find Your Nearest plugin. For a one of charge of £15 you get support and development if needed, the increased functionality listed, as well as lifetime upgrades as they come out.
- Ability to use a hierarchical taxonomy (category), also included in url of searched for items, with a widget menu of category entries (ideal for sorting entries by region and subregion for example)
- Ability to apply non-hierarchical taxonomy (tags) and to restrict search to specific tags- suitable for differentiating between tem types (e.g if you were running a “Find Your Nearest Leisure Facility” site, you could distinguish between libraries, swimming pools, cinemas)
- Ability to limit search by radius/distance from
- Shortcode to insert search form into post or page rather than only a widget
- Ability to add explanatory text to the top of the search results page
- Support and lifetime upgrades, all for a one off £15 sterling
1. Download the zip file from the purchase link and unzip it… this will give you a folder named ‘wp-find-your-nearest-premium’.
2. Upload this folder and its contents to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory of your wordpress install
**Please note that if you are upgrading from the standard version of WP Find Your Nearest, the entries *should* remain the same, but this is not guaranteed and I can accept no responsibility for any data lost. You will have to update your Options Settings as these are stored differently. Back up your files and data before any upgrade. To upgrade, remove the standard WP Find Your Nearest folder before uploading the WP Find Your Nearest premium folder.**
3. Activate the plugin as per normal.
4. In the left hand menu you will now have an entry “Find Your Nearest” which contains the following sub-menu items
- All FYN Items*
- Add New FYN Item*
- FYN Category
- FYN Tag
(* if you are upgrading and have previously set the “Item Name” under ‘Settings’, FYN Item will be replaced with the term you have used as “Item Name”.)
To gain an overview of the settings, watch the following video
and to see how to add entries, watch the following video
The following are suggestions that have been made for future development and are likely to be included in future releases, though being listed here is not a guarantee of future release
Plot all results on map
- Improved “search by tags only”
- Improved html in search results if not using excerpts
- Improved error catching (prevent error messages when no postcode entered)