Have you ever wanted the functionality to allow your visitors to search for their nearest… shop, drop in centre, you name it?
This plugin meets that need. You can create as many entries as you want, associate them with latitude and longitude using the Google Map API and allow your vistors to search for their nearest item by entering their own postal code.
This plugin has been well tested with UK postcodes as well as postal codes from a number of other countries including the US and Australia. All feedback welcome.
If you are interested in WP Find Your Nearest, you might also be interested in WP Find Your Nearest Premium
WP Find Your Nearest Premium version extends the standard version with the following functionality
- Ability to use a hierarchical taxonomy (category), also included in url of searched for items, with a widget menu of category entries (ideal for sorting entries by region and subregion for example)
- Ability to apply non-hierarchical taxonomy (tags) and to restrict search to specific tags- suitable for differentiating between tem types (e.g if you were running a “Find Your Nearest Leisure Facility site, you could distinguish between libraries, swimming pools, cinemas
- Ability to limit search by radius/distance from
- Shortcode to insert search form into post or page rather than only a widget
- Ability to add explanatory text to the top of the search results page
- Ability to use shortcodes within returned search results
- Support and lifetime upgrades, all for a one off £15 sterling